Resources for Mentors
We know that kids who have a Big do better in school, are less likely to use drugs and alcohol, and have more positive relationships. To ensure the best outcomes for our Littles, our job is to provide ongoing supervision and support.
In addition to the Big Brothers Big Sisters training (online and in-person) that our mentors already have participated in, we recommend the following resources.
Mentoring During a Pandemic
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwest Arkansas takes the health and safety of its Bigs and Littles very seriously. For BBBSNWA’s guidelines on best practices for Bigs and Littles to connect, go to BBBNWA Pandemic Guidelines.pdf to download our guideline recommendations.
BBBSNWA Bigs Facebook Page
BBBSNWA has launched a NEW Facebook page designed for Bigs to be their “Go-To” resource for activities, events, and ideas that they can share with their Little. This is a “Private” Facebook page for Bigs of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwest Arkansas only.
BBBSNWA will post monthly REACH activities, deals for Bigs and Littles, teen activities, and ideas for places to see and go with your Little. By visiting the page you’ll get the most current information on “Things To Do” with your Little!
Only BBBSNWA Bigs who are members of this page can see who’s in the group and what they post. If you haven’t received an email invitation, please email your Match Support Manager.
Activities/ Things to Do
Benton and Washington Counties
- Best Things to do in Northwest Arkansas – My Curly Adventures
- Things To Do in Northwest Arkansas | Arkansas’ Top Attractions
- 150+ Fun Things To Do in Northwest Arkansas (nwatravelguide.com)
- 60+ Family-Friendly Things to Do in Northwest Arkansas | Arkansas.com
- 2022 Attractions for Northwest Arkansas | Arkansas.com
- Top 10 Things To Do In Northwest Arkansas (nwatravelguide.com)