Lemonade Day is a FREE, fun, experiential learning program that teaches youth how to start, own and operate their own business – a lemonade stand. Lemonade Day is a program championed by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwest Arkansas. Each of our “matches” is encouraged to participate in this annual program!
Steps to becoming a Lemonade Day Superstar:
- Step 1: Find a Mentor so they can help you through the rest of the steps.
- Step 2: Visit nwa.lemonadeday.org
- Step 3: Packets become available March 28th! Ask your mentor to watch for an email about when/where to pick up your backpack and materials.
- Step 4: Begin your Lemonade Day Entrepreneur Workbook at least a month before Lemonade Day. Be sure to ask your mentor for help along the way!
- Step 5: Participate in one or more of the workshops, contests or other events.
- Step 6: Have your mentor check their email and check out nwa.lemonadeday.org for more tips, information and resources.
- Step 7: Make a grocery run for all your ingredients and supplies.
- Step 8: Make some healthy, delicious lemonade and set up your stand on Lemonade Day!
- Step 9: After Lemonade Day share your results with us by filling out the Business Results Form.
- Step 10: Come back and Share your Story with us.
- Step 11: Enjoy your new status: YOU ARE AN ENTREPRENEUR!
Get a Workbook and Start Your Business!
Each child that registers for Lemonade Day receives an Entrepreneur Workbook. The goal is for them to work through all of the lessons with an adult to learn everything they would need to know in order to start their own business. The workbook teaches them lessons like creating budgets, setting profit-making goals, serving customers, repaying investors and giving back to the community. Along the way, they acquire skills in goal-setting, problem solving, and gain self-esteem critical for future success. In order to put these lessons into action, all children who have registered will open up their very own business (a lemonade stand) on the official Lemonade Day! This year it will be held on Saturday, May 5th. They keep all the money they make and are encouraged to spend some, save some and share some with community organizations in need.
Join us for drinks, appetizers, and fun on May 17th at the Lemonade Day VIP Reception. This event will take place at the Walton Museum’s 3rd floor roof deck, overlooking the beautiful Bentonville Square. Our hosts include Kerry Robinson, Alan Dranow, & Al Dominguez. For more information on sponsorship, please view the following:
Lemonade Day in Northwest Arkansas
- In 2017 more than 1,000 local kids participated in Lemonade Day. Elementary schools, Girl and Boy Scout Troops, Homeschool Co-horts, individuals, friends, and families are welcome to participate in this program!
- Lemonade Day is giving back! Civic responsibility is a large part of Lemonade Day- participants are encouraged to “spend some, save some, and give some.” In 2017, $3,500 was donated to local non-profits and charity organizations from NWA Lemonade Day participants. Due to this giving, these kids were awarded the Youth Philanthropy – Group Award at the National Philanthropy day in November, 2017.
To find out how you can sponsor Lemonade Day 2018 please contact Brooke Allen at (479) 966 4366 ext. 210 or email email@example.com .